Wednesday, September 29, 2010

organizing my groceries ??

Today I once again saw my favorite commercial. It is the one made by post-its to advertise their new product.

PPost-it label pads. A lady is dancing around because everything in her house is color coded and organized and just perfect. I know that is the impossible dream, but one that would be so fun to live in. Organization and office supplies I love you. The other day I looked into my money organizer and saw that I still had some birthday money and was thinking about all the fun ways I could spend it. Money, clothing, food, a small vacation ( probably could only afford to go to the next city), then after I saw this commercial I knew. Date night is coming up and I am going to take my husband to the office supply store and get office supplies. I'm thinking I am going to have to surprise him- that way he is stuck :). He does not share my love.
I must have orgainization on my mind because the other day I was at the grocery store and I was daydreaming. I was thinking how fun it would be to go to the store with seven boxes that fit nicely in my cart. The seven boxes would be for each day of the week. I would then grocery shop and put the items in their appropiate box. That way I cant over or under buy and they would be in fun little boxes. Then I would have them placed in grocery bags still all organized and I would have seven boxes in my pantry and seven in my fridge - all labeled of course and I would divey out the food where it goes. Just think of how much time I would save and how awsome it would look. It just makes me smile of how jealious all my friends would be and they would adopt the new trend and I could start a line of "green" boxes from market to home. But that idea crashed and burned when I told my friends of my great day dream and I got this puzzled look from them.
Well as my son says on his birthday. " I wish, I wish , I wish.

1 comment:

SonyaB said...

O My Gosh!!! I LOVE that Idea! I can just see it now. Never questioning what we're having for dinner because well, there it is, in Monday's box! No more standing in the middle of the isle confused and lost because "I got that, but what meal was it for...and do I now have everything for that meal..and so on and so on..." I may just do that anyway!