Wednesday, May 20, 2009

At the Lagoon


Alix and Noah went off to the Lagoon one day and decided I should come as well some evening, so last week we went. It was crazy. We got out of the car and about 200 ducks and geese came over. I have never seen so many and not scared at all. I mean right in your face trying to get food. I tried to throw some food so they would go after it, but they just waited for me to give it right to them. Eventually, we had to escape and they chased us. In the process of throwing them bread as they chased us, I chucked my phone, so I had to go in the middle of them and get it. We finally got far enough away that Noah could play on the truck they have, but he wanted to feed them, so the second we fed one, about 20 came over, but at least the whole group didnt as they couldnt see us. Noah had fun and they are very aggressive, so it was good he could be in the back of the truck as they will fight to get the food. Even the little birds showed up, it was crazy. There are well over a thousand geese and ducks and if you go any where near them with food, they will attack you for it! It was fun though and Noah liked it although he does get scared when they charge him. Here are a couple of videos as well on you tube.














No comments: